Stony Hill Stables is a premier hunter/jumper training and lesson facility located in the Hamptons. Our facility is on 10 acres and features state-of-the-art amenities including five indoor and outdoor riding arenas, professionally designed jump courses, regulation sized dressage arena, luscious grass paddocks, custom climate controlled tack room, and a 21 stall barn.
SUMMER RIDING INSTRUCTOR
A multifaceted, state-of-the-art, equine facility, operating for 60+ years seeks a riding instructor to join our established, active lesson program. This is a summer position, from June 2023 through the first week of September 2023. Expectations include teaching a combination of private, group, and camp lessons to students of various ages and abilities on a wonderful selection of school horses.
The ideal candidate will have experience teaching children and adults of beginning and intermediate levels. A confident, enthusiastic approach toward students to help foster the love of horses is a must. Applicants must be outgoing and work well with peers and other staff. We are a team-oriented, positive, and supportive work environment with competitive pay.
Benefits include a $1,000.00/week salary plus $100.00/week paid upon completion of the contract term. Optional housing is also part of the salary package. This is a short-term position; however the right candidate could be considered for year round employment.
Please email your resume and list of references to Amanda@stonyhillstables.com.
• EEOC Poster (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters
• Log and Summary (instructions) of Occupational Injuries and Illnesses https://www.osha.gov/recordkeeping/RKforms.html
• Employee Polygraph Protection Act Information and Poster In English: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/posters/employee-polygraph-protection-act
In Spanish: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/posters/employee-polygraph-protection-act/espanol
• OSHA Job Safety and Health Poster In English: https://www.osha.gov/sites/default/files/publications/osha3165.pdf
In Spanish: https://www.osha.gov/sites/default/files/publications/osha3167.pdf
• Federal Minimum Wage Poster https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/posters/flsa
• Agricultural Employees Fair Labor Standards Act poster https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/wh1386Agrcltr.pdf
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) poster (for farms employing 50 or more employees) In English: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/posters/fmla
In Spanish: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/posters/fmla/espanol
• Your Rights Under USERRA https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/VETS/legacy/files/USERRA_Private.pdf
• Farm Minimum Wage in New York https://dol.ny.gov/system/files/documents/2022/12/ls110.pdf
• Minimum Wage Order for Farm Workers https://dol.ny.gov/wage-orders
• Minimum Wage Standards for Farm Workers (Article 19-A) https://dol.ny.gov/system/files/documents/2021/03/article-19-a-minimum-wage-standards-for-farm-workers-ls440.pdf
• Equal Pay Provision of the New York State Labor Law Article 6, Section 194 https://dol.ny.gov/system/files/documents/2021/03/ls603_equity_provision.pdf
• Division of Human Rights Equal Opportunity poster https://dol.ny.gov/system/files/documents/2021/03/deod310.pdf
• Department of Health Hazard Safety poster: https://www.health.ny.gov/environmental/workplace/right_to_know/docs/rtk.pdf
• Prohibited Retaliatory Personnel Action by Employers: https://dol.ny.gov/system/files/documents/2022/02/ls740_1.pdf
• Notice of Compliance for Disability Benefits and Paid Family Leave (PFL) https://paidfamilyleave.ny.gov/
• Notice of Fringe Benefits and Hours Policy (if applicable) https://dol.ny.gov/system/files/documents/2021/03/ls606.pdf
• General Farm Work Agreement In English:
• Article 23-A of the NYS Corrections Law https://www.criminaljustice.ny.gov/pio/correction-law-article-23a.pdf
• Clean Indoor Air Act